Jana Tichá - director of the Klet' Observatory and KLENOT Project P.I.
Principal investigator of the Klet' Observatory minor planets and comets programme
including the KLENOT Project.
- astrometry of minor planets and comets, especially NEOs
- coordination of observations
- confirmation of NEOs and comet discoveries
- recoveries of NEOs
- discovery and follow-up astrometry of minor planets
- astrometry of distant objects - Centaurs and TNOs
- history of astronomy in relationship to the minor planet names
- observations and data processing
- member of Commisions 20 and 6 of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) (since 2000)
- consultant of Commisions 20 and 6 of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) (1997-2000)
- member of the Organizing Committee of Commision 6 of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) (since 2003)
- member of the Organizing Committee of Commision 20 of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) (since 2006)
- member of the Organizing committee of the Working Group for Near Earth Objects (OC WGNEO) of the IAU(2000-2006)
- chair of the Committee for Small Body Nomenclature (CSBN) of the IAU (since 2003)
- member of the Organizing Committee of a Working Group on the "Definition of a Planet" (2004-2006)
- member of the NEO Steering commitee GSF OECD (since 2002)
- member of The Spaceguard Foundation
- visiting member of The Spaceguard UK
- member of CZECH NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR ASTRONOMY (2003-2010)
- SOC member of Asteroids, Comets, Meteors - ACM 2005 (Brasil, 2005)
- NOC member of XXVI. GA IAU (Prague, 2006)
- LOC member of XXVI. GA IAU (Prague, 2006)
My entry in ADS.
Photo: Michal Tuma (FotoStudio Tuma)
Zátkovo nábřeí 4
CZ-370 01 České Budějovice
= 1967 JN
Discovered 1967 May 6 by C. U. Cesco and A. R. Klemola at El Leoncito.
Named in honor of Jana Tichá, Czech astronomer, director of the Klet' Observatory
since 1992. Under her leadership, the Klet program for astrometric observations
of minor planets and comets was modernized with the introduction
of a CCD camera, computers and catalogues.
(MPC 27128; MPC 27147)
© 1996-2018, Kle Observatory, designed by eMKey Ltd.
Last updated: 2010 Mar. 05. - 19:32:19 GMT